Information About Local Donors
Brighton Fertility Associates offers a wide selection of donors from the UK. These donors are in high demand.
We also offer a wide selection of donors from Seattle Sperm Bank (SSB). You can view donor profiles for these donors in our International Donors Search Tool.
Who are our donors?
Brighton Fertility Associates (BFA) recruit high quality donors throughout the UK, with the majority coming from the Sussex area. Our local donors are:
- 21 to 45 years old
- Healthy and screened regularly
- Provide the Best Quality of Sperm
We can help guide you through your options, please Contact Us for more information.
The best start for your child
Quality Information is Essential
At BFA, we believe the quality of information we collect about a donor is essential for both parents and their children. Research has shown that donor children are much happier to know that information is available then if it is not. We pride ourselves in asking our donors a variety of questions so you and your child can paint your own picture of him.
We collect the following Donor Background Information:
- Physical characteristics – Race, ethnic origin, height, weight, build, hair and eye colour, skin tone
- Social – Education, occupation, hobbies and interests, star sign
- Personal – Goodwill message, Personal statement, Likes and dislikes, skills and special traits, detailed personality test and interview
- Recommendations – Staff description of donor
- Celebrity lookalike – Match the donor to the Celebrity they most resemble, including a specific photo most like the donor
- Medical History – donor and two generations of family
- Blood Screening – HIV I&II, Hep A, Hep B, Hep C, HTLV I&II, CMV, Syphilis
- Urine Testing – 7 STIs including Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea and Trichomonas
- Genetic Tests – Testing for over 270 diseases and over 2000 mutations (donors after October 2017, donors before October 2017 have been tested for Cystic Fibrosis and Tay Sachs, Sickle Cell and Thalassemias where appropriate)
- Quarantined – All samples quarantined for at least 3 months for early NAAT release or 6 months.
Our UK Donor Sample Options
BFA have sperm available in 0.5ml straws or varied ampuole sizes. All sperm samples contain at least 8 million per ml of highly motile sperm available post thawing. Sperm samples go through multiple quality checks so you can be assured that the donors are of the highest quality. The amount of sperm needed will depend on your treatment type and centre.
We recommend the following quantity of samples for each treatment using our local UK Donor Straws:
- IUI Treatment – Two Straws per Treatment
- IVF Treatment – Two Straws per Treatment. One sample may be suitable, but two are recommended to cover any variances. One treatment may create embryos for multiple cycles later on.
- ICSI Treatment – One Straws per Treatment. One sample will be suitable. One treatment may create embryos for multiple cycles later on.